THEY SAY: The all-new, official, RAM TRX is the apex predator of the truck world and cements RAM Trucks Australia as the segment leader both on and off the road.
WE SAY: Dodge’s ‘T-Rex’ eats Raptors for breakfast.
Powertrain, Brakes, and Tyres
Power Source: 6.2-litre supercharged HEMI® V8
Transmission: TorqueFlite® 8HP95 8-speed automatic
Brakes: Circa-375 mm brake discs
Wheels: 18” Alloy
Tyres: 35-inch Goodyear Wrangler® Territory 325/65/R18 All-Terrain tyres.
Differential: Electronically Controlled Rear Locking
Performance and Weight
Power: 523 kW (711 PS)
Torque: 882 Nm (650 lb-ft)
0-100 km/h: 4.5 seconds
100-0 km/h: TBC
0-400 m (quarter mile): 12.9 seconds @ 173km/h
Top Speed: 190 km/h
Towing Capacity: 3,500kg
Payload: 767 kg
Ground Clearance: 295 mm
Water Wading: 812 mm
Weight (kerb): 2431 ****kg ****(5,359 lbs)
Safety, Economy, and Price
Fuel Consumption: Don’t ask. It’ll make your wallet quiver.
CO_2 Emissions (WTLP): Some say a polar bear dies every time someone starts the ignition in a RAM TRX.
Price (AUD): $199,950 RRP
- The only option, a full-length panoramic sunroof, costs an additional $10,000 RRP.
- Eight driving modes: Auto, Sport, Tow, Snow, Mud/Sand, Rock, Baja and Custom
- The TRX is 203mm wider than the standard RAM 1500 line-up; 152mm increase in track width.
- TRX employs five skid plates.
- The TRX uses an all-new rear suspension system with active damping and an exclusive five-link coil system
- The TRX features a low range of 2.64:1 for rock crawling and can be flat-towed while in neutral.
- The TRX is equipped with a new BorgWarner 48-13 full-time active transfer case